Campus COVID-19 Metrics
The University of Iowa is taking deliberate steps to reduce the risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus and is tracking self-reported cases on our campus.
Campus leadership will use the following metrics to determine if they need to alter policies, procedures, or scheduling.
- New cases
- Percent of positive tests
- Available testing
- Appropriate contact tracing
- Ample classroom instruction
- Staffing for critical functions
- Course instruction transition to online
- Classroom availability
- Residence hall capacity
- Protective equipment inventory
- Cleaning equipment inventory
- Johnson County school operation level
- Child care availability
- Proclamation compliance
- Cases at other Iowa universities
- UI Health Care capacity level
The UI will also continue to rely on guidance from the Board of Regents, State of Iowa; the Iowa and Johnson County departments of public health (IDPH, JCPH); the Big Ten Conference; and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding the wearing of masks, social distancing, and other best practices.