We're in this together.
Returning to campus expectations
To protect employee health and safety, you have been asked to read and acknowledge a set of workplace expectations to limit exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Expectations include:
- Follow the campus health and safety guidelines.
- Stay home (and self-report) if you develop any symptom(s) consistent with COVID-19.
- Familiarize yourself with these guidelines for self-reporting if you test positive, or are identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Report noncompliance with guidelines to your supervisor or local HR representative.
Main campus meeting and event guidance
The UI will continue to rely on guidance from the Board of Regents, State of Iowa; the Iowa and Johnson County departments of public health (IDPH, JCPH); the Big Ten Conference; and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- While university meetings may take place face-to-face, the university is prioritizing all spaces for instruction. To accomplish that goal, meeting conveners should continue to avoid conflicts in scheduling. *Excludes UI Health Care.
- Meetings with a virtual component will use appropriate technology to ensure inclusivity and allow full engagement by remote participants.
- For effective virtual and hybrid meetings, meeting rooms should be equipped with appropriate technology and leaders and participants should be able to use the technologies needed effectively.
- FM@Your Service or the Building Coordinator can answer any questions about services in building spaces.
- Effective May 17, 2021 CIMT no longer reviews events.
- Building Coordinators can assist with questions on individual spaces. FM@Your Service can be a resource for information on room sizes.
- Individuals should work with building coordinators or utilize space reservation systems to reserve event space.
- The University of Iowa strongly encourages faculty, staff, students and visitors to get vaccinated and wear face masks indoors or when social distancing is not possible.