Protective Equipment for Students
Everyone entering a university building is expected to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Unless otherwise indicated, you must wear applicable face coverings (cloth covering, disposable or cloth mask, face shield) when on campus unless you are alone in a private office or with your roommate in a residence hall room.
Upon their return to campus, students will be provided with a protective equipment (PE) kit for the fall 2020 semester, which will include:
- 2 reusable cloth face coverings
- 2 disposable masks
- 1 face shield
- Small hand sanitizer
Students will need their Iowa OneCard or student ID number to pick up their PE kit.
Distribution for fall 2020 semester
- Students living on campus in the residence halls will receive a PE kit as part of the move-in process.
- Students who live off-campus should plan to pick up their PE kit at one of several distribution locations (to be announced soon) between Aug. 10 and Aug. 23.
- Students who would like to pick up a PE kit early may do so by signing up for a time using this form. Kits will be available for students to pick up at the Iowa Memorial Union on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 10 a.m. and noon, beginning Thursday, July 16.
- If you need a kit immediately and cannot pick one up during one of the designated times, you can make an appointment by contacting Pam Krogmeier, Office of the Dean of Students, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letter to Iowa’s Congressional Delegation Regarding International Students
The presidents of Iowa’s public universities have penned a letter to Iowa’s congressional delegation expressing their deep concerns about U.S. Immigration and Custom Enforcement’s (ICE) new guidance regarding the visa status of international students enrolled at U.S. institutions of higher education this fall.
As the presidents of the state’s Regents institutions, we stand with the more than 6,000 international students across our campuses. These talented and dedicated students represent more than 120 nationalities and contribute to the richness and vitality of our campus communities.
You can read the full letter signed by UI President Bruce Harreld in the news and updates section on the Office of the President webpage. You can also find additional information as well as a statement by UI Associate Provost and Dean of International Programs Russell Ganim on the International Programs’ website.
Upcoming Mental Health Virtual Panel Discussions
Coping in the time of COVID-19 is an uncharted, life-changing task for everyone, and it can make caring for your own mental health and the mental health of those around us a challenge.
Whether you are currently on campus or are preparing to return, the fall 2020 semester will bring new challenges. Join these mental health panel discussions to identify ways you can continue caring for yourself and others.
Caring for Students and Others
- Thursday, July 23, 1 to 2 p.m. CDT
- Zoom: uiowa.zoom.us/s/91123346771
Caring for Self
- Thursday, July 30, 1 to 2 p.m. CDT
- Zoom: uiowa.zoom.us/j/99241701670
Both forums will be recorded and captioned for later viewing. You can find more information, including the panelists and recordings of previous mental health virtual panel discussions, on the University Counseling Service website.