Start with MyChart
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19, complete the MyChart self-checker to determine next steps.
UI Health Care employees experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how mild, should call the University Employee Health Clinic (UEHC) at 319-356-3631, option 3.
Testing in our community
A variety of COVID-19 testing options are available in our community:
- Request a free at-home COVID-19 test kit for pick-up or mail delivery through Test Iowa. Test results are typically available within 24 hours after email confirmation that the lab received your kit. Results may take longer when demand is high.
- Order free at-home COVID-19 tests at www.covidtests.gov. Orders will usually ship in seven to 12 days.
- Purchase a rapid antigen test available at local pharmacies like Walgreens, Hy-Vee, and CVS.
Additional information for students
- Students can pick up a free COVID-19 test kit at the Welcome Center in the Iowa Memorial Union (IMU), Student Health locations in the IMU and Westlawn, and the front desk of your residence hall.
- If you have any concerns about your symptoms, schedule a telehealth visit with a provider at Student Health by calling 319-335-8394.
- If you are unsure, or would like to speak to a nurse regarding your symptoms, call the Student Health Nurseline at 319-335-9704
- Up to date information can be found on the Student Health Website.
Additional information for employees
All University of Iowa health plan members and their eligible covered dependents can receive eight over the counter (OTC) at-home COVID-19 test kits at no cost or reimbursed to the plan member by CVS/Caremark. Please find more information about eligibility, types of tests covered, and reimbursement on the Human Resources webpage.
To learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine and safety, see this detailed FAQ from UI Health Care.