Housing and Dining services will continue throughout the semester, even after classes have gone fully online following Thanksgiving Break.
Your residence hall experience will be different in response to COVID-19. These measures are meant to minimize shared space and limit exposure to the virus. If you have any questions or concerns, our staff are available to help.
Residence hall info
Learn more about health, social distancing, and student support in on-campus housing.
- Posted entry/exit directions
- Hands-free payment
- Monitored customer counts to prevent crowding
- Self-service food discontinued, will be served to students by dining staff on request
- Physical barriers of at least six feet in height between dining staff and students
- Online ordering with no-contact pickup
- Signage and stickers to encourage social distancing
- There will be no dine-in seating in market places
- Outdoor dining spaces will be available across campus
- Common spaces will be set up to follow guidelines that limit gatherings and promote social distancing.
- Rooms will be set aside for emergency use, such as for illness, student interaction concerns, or other matters, per protocol.
- One visitor/guest will be allowed per resident at one time.
- Visitors/guests must wear a face mask in all public spaces.
- Custodial work will follow CDC guidance.
- RAs will be present and available to support students. RAs will be provided with appropriate protective equipment to support them in their jobs.
Express and online ordering
- Express allows a student to enter the market place, select their menu items, and take them to go. No seating will be available. Reservations will be required to enter the market place, and can be made using this link.
- Online ordering allows a student to order a meal through Grubhub, pick up their order, and take their meal to consume elsewhere. This option is available Monday through Friday in Burge and Catlett Market Places and Monday through Sunday at Hillcrest Market Place.
Self-isolation and quarantine
The university will provide isolation space for students diagnosed with COVID-19 who live in residence halls and space to quarantine close contacts.
If you live on campus in a residence hall, self-reporting your status will initiate the process for arranging your isolation/quarantine space. Please self-isolate, wear a face mask, and order your meals online until a member of the Housing & Dining team contacts you to discuss your relocation needs and next steps.
Students who live off campus and need to isolate or quarantine, should follow CDC guidance.
Medical care will be provided virtually by Student Health, the provider who made the diagnosis, or the student’s personal primary care provider.